After a long period of restoration, Cinema Fulgor returns to its former glory. It started out as a provincial cinema until Federico Fellini's films, Roma and Amarcord hit the screen and the cinema became a legend, a symbol of the cinematographic world and of dreams. And now, after major restoration work, it has reopened its doors precisely on the birth date of the Maestro, January 20th, with two rooms dedicated to film exhibitions, Sala Federico (seating 190, with 158 in the stalls and 32 in the gallery) and Sala Giulietta (52 seats).
Developed over the three floors of the Art Nouveau building located in Corso d'Augusto 162, the Fulgor embodies Fellini's poetry: the photos, portraits, posters, the projects of the films made and suspended ideas. On the ground floor, the two screening rooms and the foyer, designed by 3 time Oscar winner, Maestro Dante Ferretti, in the style of 1930's Hollywood. The movie screen is located on the second floor, and finally, on the top floor of the Fulgor cinema, a relaxed and informal loft where the most significant sequences of Fellini's films are projected with directional sound that can be chosen by the visitor. The ceiling bears a reproduction of the astral chart of the birth of the Rimini director: January 20, 1920.
Find out more: www.cinemafulgor.it